Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scones

Prudent Baby strikes again!  I was in a baking mood Sunday night and found this delightfully delicious scone recipe.  I've had scones before and decided that this would be the perfect breakfast food for Monday.  I've never made scones before, but let me give you a few tips - partially thaw out your fruit or at least get the ice chunks off  (obviously my fruit was in the freezer for way too long), and if you don't have heavy cream you can use this substitute (3/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup melted butter = 1 cup heavy cream).  My picture is not very good...they really look and smell so yummy.


Recipe courtesy of Prudent Baby
2.5 c flour
0.5 c sugar (Prudent Baby uses turbinado sugar)
2.5 tsp. baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
6 Tblsp COLD unsalted butter
1 c heavy cream
0.5 c frozen fruit (~ish. Frozen helps keep the fruit intact.
 Blackberry and raspberry are my faves but have done peach, blueberry, chocolate chip, mango)

Mix first 4 ingredients. Add butter (chopped) and mix to a meal. Add cream and mix. Add berries and mix. Place onto flat surface and form a circle. Sprinkle with more sugar and cut into wedges. Place wedges on baking sheet. Bake in 425 degree oven for 15-17 minutes.


Try a scone today....it might be your new favorite breakfast food.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...