Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our anniversary weekend

Tuesday is our 19th wedding anniversary and yesterday we went to Indianapolis to celebrate. I planned a surprise evening for prince charming and I and all he had to do was book a hotel and drive. I think he was pleased with that arrangement :). My in-laws came down to stay with the boys so we didn't have to worry about them or what they were going to be doing - other than having a great, spoiled-filled day with the grandparents. I'll blog about their activities later. We had some time before we had to be at the restaurant, so we checked in to our hotel and went to Borders for some relaxing reading time. Ahhhhhh........

Time for dinner! With tummies growling and anticipation building, we walked a few short blocks to Fogo de Chao for dinner. I'll let prince charming describe his dining experience..... it was good, tummy full, I had to force myself to stop eating ....... I'm taking over again because he's gone into a trance thinking about the ribeye he had last night. The salad bar is great and the beef was wonderful. If you ever go there, get the signature dessert, papaya cream - it was delicious. I've searched the web and here is a link to chefsrecipes to recreate this dining experience in your home.

After dinner we went to Howl at the Moon which is a piano bar where audience participation is a must. It was a good time even if there were 10 bachelorette parties there. Here is a picture of us from our evening out.


We were happy to come home and see our family. The boys had some good stories from their time spent with the grandparents and I think the grandparents may have been ready to go home to get some rest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...