Friday, November 6, 2009

Be Watchful

This was on a FB page that I was reading this morning and they are powerful, thought provoking words.  I know this person who I copied this from likes to write and she had many great phrases, thoughts, etc. on her page.  I like this one so much that am going to print it out and post it on my fridge for the entire family to see. 

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

The weather forecast calls for a beautiful weekend and I'm looking forward to finishing yard work, vacuuming out my car, and putting up Christmas lights if I can talk Prince Charming into it.  Why wait until it's freezing out to put up lights?  And here's another tidbit that you may not know about me.....I start listening to Christmas music in October; however, I haven't played too much this year.  Lots of family stuff happening:  Boscoe and George are both playing basketball and having a great time; Prince Charming has been very busy with work; we are trying to finish some home improvement/remodeling projects; our yard needs to have leaves raked (about 3 acres - ok, we mow most of them and burn the rest); and my dad's health is not good - that has resulted in almost daily communication with my mother and siblings. 

I hope this holiday season leads you to think about what you are thankful for.  When you spend time with family and friends, I pray there is lots of love and laughter and you leave with wonderful memories of your visit.  My dad says "don't sweat the small stuff", and I'm learning more and more not to do that although it's not often easy.  So, take some advice from my dad and don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy life, be thankful, forgive others, and share love.

Enough of my thoughts today.  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...