photo courtesy of Flickr
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Ready In: 25-30 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy
8oz ground turkey
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 large scallion, minced
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
freshly ground salt & pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
handful of cilantro, finely minced
1-2 tsp chili garlic sauce
hamburger buns of your choice
Combine burger ingredients a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Form the turkey mixture into two patties. Cook for about 7-10 minutes per side, until cooked through. Serve on buns with cilantro-chili mayo and greens.
Note: I didn't have chili garlic sauce, so I only used freshed, minced garlic. I also put spinach on my burger instead of greens.
Healthified Sesame Beef and Green Beans
12 ounces frozen whole green beans, partially thawed and halved crosswise
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon canola oil
12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
2 cups hot cooked brown rice
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
2 oranges, peeled and sectioned or thinly sliced crosswise
1. In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
2. For sauce: In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, cornstarch, and orange peel; set aside.
3. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the precooked green beans; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet.
4. Carefully add canola oil to the hot skillet. Add beef; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet.
5. Stir sauce; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Heat through, stirring to coat all ingredients with sauce. Serve over hot cooked brown rice. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with orange sections.
Well, that's all folks. I've got to get the boys up and get ready for church then I'm hoping to go to the pool later. I'm going to try to finish the laundry that I started yesterday and get my menu planned for this week. I hope you have a wonderful day, stay cool, and share a smile with someone - it may be the only one they see today!