Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful Post and Pumpkin Redford Recipe

Happy weekend all!  The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week and I'm hoping that the rain in the forecast will hold off until after the Wabash/DePauw football game has ended.  If you aren't familiar with the Monon Bell game, click here for more info. 

I'm trying to be consistently with my thankful posts and I'll recap the first 11 days of November and then add yesterday and today:  

1.   for hugs everyday from Ryan. 
2.   my chiropractor...my back feels so much better :)
3.   my husband fixing our stove - now I can make more muffin top cookies.
4.   coupons...now if I would use them regularly, I would save even more money.
5.   for Kyle and his wonderful smile :D
6.    Ryan and how he enjoys playing basketball.  His first game was great!
7.    Rock Point Church...the service on Sunday was awesome!
8.    Coupons....I love how much money I save by using them.
9.    The start of a new grading period.  I hope this six weeks is better than the last one.
10.  Yoga class, no matter how hard it can be, I know my body feel better after class is over.
11.  Our Veterans and the sacrifices they have made.
12.  My dad and the time I got to spend with him and all the lessons he taught me. It was one year ago today that he passed away and I can't believe how fast time has gone.


13.  Good friends that are strong and willing to help move a piano :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have a yummy pumpkin recipe to share.  The teachers I used to work with would make it in the fall and it is one of my favorites. 

Pumpkin Redford
Recipe courtesy of Jan Vice

1st layer - crust
Mix 2 cups flour, 2 sticks butter, 1 cup chopped pecans.  Spread in a 13 x 9 pan or glass baking dish.  Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  Cool and add 2nd layer.

2nd layer
Mix 16 oz (2 pkgs) cream cheese, 2 cups Cool Whip, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 2 tsp. vanilla.  Spred on cooled crust.

3rd layer
Mix 2 pkgs instant vanilla pudding, 2 cups Cool Whip, 15 oz. can pumpkin, 1 1/3 cups. milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice.  Beat slowly just until well mixed.  Pour on top of cream cheese layer.

Spread cool whip on top and sprinkle with chopped pecans.

I'm going over to Colleen's blog to see what other great recipes everyone has posted.....come join me please.


Have a great weekend everyone!
Pam

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So many layers, so much to enjoy. I wouldn't mind digging into a dish of this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...