Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Well, I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted, so let's get caught up on the action over here. 
  • Thanksgiving was great.  No traveling, just the four of us.  Ryan has been asking for breakfast pizza for days, so Carl and I made our own version.....two thumbs up from Ryan.  For dinner I made Bobby Flay's turkey recipe from the Throwdown show with Pioneer Woman.  I also made his brussel sprout recipe and Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoe recipe.....new recipes = smiling faces, full tummies, and happy men.  If you didn't see the Throwndown episode, you can read about it here and here.

  • Ryan has had a few basketball games recently - his team is 3-1 so far.  Here's a picture from the game this weekend.   Practice for Ryan's school team starts tomorrow, Kyle has been having practice almost every day....we feel like we live in our cars some days....this is one time when I wish I lived closer to town.  Ok, that sounded really, really whiney...sorry about that.
  • I have snowflakes in my house.  Lots and lots of them.  Okay, I'll tell the truth...they are the paper kind.  Ryan started cutting around 10:00 on Thanksgiving morning and stopped cutting around 10:00 at night.  I even found a huge snowflake on my car, in my car, throughout the house, and then a gigantic one in the computer room. 



  • My youngest sister and her family came for a visit on Friday.  Say it with me....S-H-0-P...shop 'til you drop, shop 'til you drop.  Reality:  It's hard to shop on Black Friday with a 10 yo, 2 yo, and 4 month old even when you start shopping around lunch time.  It was nice to visit with my sister and her family, but we've decided to change our shopping plans for next year (hint, hint grandparents).

We ended the weekend visiting with friends and getting a Christmas tree.  Lights up today...decorations tomorrow.  My next question is how many more days are there until Christmas? 

HO HO HO!!
Pam

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...