Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Scripture

For a while now, I've noticed that a few blogs I read have "Sunday Scripture" posts and I've really enjoyed what they've posted.  Now they have inspired me to post my own Sunday Scripture and let me share this little story with you.  Several years ago I received a calendar that had scripture cards included that you could use to memorize verses.  Even though the alendar is long gone, I've kept the cards and put up a new card every so often on one of my kitchen cabinets...it's changed periodically...I have the boys or Carl pick a new card....I pray that God will have a verse picked that will really speak to me and our family...something that we can think about, remember, and hide in our hearts.  Here is the card that God chose for me, my family, and you to meditate on this week:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear,
but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

Please check out these blogs that have inspired me to be bold in my faith and share God's word with you...Domestically Speaking and Stone Gable.


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

love that verse!! I think I needed it today. :) Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...