Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is finally here

Spring is finally here - well, if you don't live where the most recent snowfall was.  During the last week we have cleaned out flower beds, rode our bicycles, rode dirt bikes, vacuumed up even more lady bugs, threw some balls for the dogs,  had a small bonfire, grilled a couple of dinners, and saw a partridge in a pear tree.  Ok, maybe not the last one, but it sounded good.  You know it's been a long, cold winter when I am look forward to sun, heat, and warmth.  I even told Carl that I was going to try really, really hard not to complain about the humidity this summer. 

Today Ryan had his first dirtbike race of the season and he finished in 8th place.  The boy has been begging to ride for a couple of weeks now and he had a day or two of practice before today.  Here's a picture that Carl took today - Ryan said he saw the Carl taking the picture and he was trying to get out of it. 


Play practice was tonight.  If you never been in a play, let me tell you that it's not as easy as you would think.  Luckily I have a small part - lucky for me and the people watching the play.  I'm supposed to be a strict exercise instructor - task master, irritated that the lady I'm working with keeps talking and not taking the lesson too seriously.  Well, the lady I'm working with is so good at her part, that I started laughing during practice.  Not good!  I'll have to recruit a few friends plus my husband to help me practice this week.

I do have a recipe to share - made it last week and it received rave reviews from the family, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post.  It's a Pampered Chef recipe - Hearty Minestrone Soup - delicious. 

We're watching Amazing Race - I have a few thoughts about some of these people that I better just keep to myself.  But the good news is that Dancing With The Stars starts tomorrow night!!  Can't wait for this season.  Well, time to call it a night. one more day of rain and then good weather. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch Dancing with the Stars but how did you like it. Good for Ryan with the racing hope he moves up every week in the standings. Gram

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...