Monday, August 30, 2010

Banana Boats

Tonight was the night Ryan has been patiently waiting for......we made banana boats.  Have you ever heard of banana boats?  I don't ever remember hearing about them and Ryan told me that he learned about them when he was in Cub Scouts which was a few years ago.  Now Ryan is the quiet type...doesn't say much, but when he does talk, it's usually pretty interesting or entertaining.  I just don't know why he waited years to ask for something that he liked so much.  So, if you haven't heard of banana boats and want to make your own, you will need some tin foil, bananas, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (I was out of those).  Make a slice in your banana from the top to bottom but not all the way through.  Place the banana on a piece of tin foil large enough to wrap up the banana and fill it with marshmallows and chips. 


Wrap up your banana and place it on some hot coals (or a grill or I'm thinking an oven would work just as well). 



We left the bananas on the coals for 5-10 minutes and then unwrap and eat.  I will say they were pretty delicious. 


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At lunch today I went to this outlet store and for the low, low price of $5 I bought the following:  a halloween candle, a picture frame, a Christmas cd (I love Christmas music!!), South Pole slipper socks (although I think the SP stands for Sacco Princess since that's what Carl calls me - is it wrong to admit that?!), and a sprinkler for my flowers (I've been telling Carl for a week now that I need one and keep forgetting it when I go to the store). 


I think I did pretty good for a totally unplanned shopping trip. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's time to call it a night and before I sign off please remember that good things never come to an end, they live in our hearts forever, and forever in our memories.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...