Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Scripture & Thankful 5 & 6

I'm a teeny bit behind on my thankful posts, so I'd better get caught up before I'm another day behind.  I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having - we all know about that white, fluffy stuff that is coming soon.

Day 5:  I know I've already said that I'm thankful for my family, and this may seem a bit redundant, but I'm so incredibly thankful for my husband. He is hardworking, honest, trustworthy, caring, funny, a wonderful, patient father and husband, full of surprises, and he has the cutest smile on this earth.  I can't imagine a day without him.

Day 6:  My grandmother, mother, and mother-in-law for the influences they've had on me.  I've learned so many things from each one of them.  How to sew, cook, bake, can, take care of a home and family, and many other life lessons.  I hope I can pass along some of these lessons to my boys (and my nieces).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



Instead of sharing an scripture verse today, I wanted to share what someone recently shared with me. I think it would even be something nice to print and frame for a home. 

Ten Blessings for Your Home
- Holley Gerth

Peace - may there be peace within your walls.  Psalm 122:7
Joy - May the God of hope fill you with all joy.  Romans 15:13
Strength - May our Lord....encourage your hearts and strengthen you.  II Thess. 2:16-17
Success - May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.  Psalm 20:4
Comfort - May your unfailing love be my comfort.  Psalm 119:76
Grace - May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ....be with you.  II Cor. 13:14
Favor - May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us.  Psalm 90:17
Kindness - May the Lord now show you kindness.  II Samuel 2:6
Protection - May Your love and Your truth always protect me.  Psalm 40:11
Love - May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You.  Psalm 33:22.

I hope you have a wonderful week. 
Has anyone started counting the days until Thanksgiving?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...