Friday, October 30, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of the rain and I want some beautiful fall weather.  Days that are sunny, but yet the air is crisp.  Bonfires and the smell of leaves burning.  Days where you're outside and all the fresh air makes you sleep so well.  

Fall makes me think of soup and I made one of our favorite soup recipes this week.  It's from my Aunt Nellie - she lived in Edgerton, MN - don't know where she found the recipe, but we are thankful to have it with us. 

Cream of Vegetable Soup

3 1/4 c. water
3 cubes chicken bouillion
1/2 c. onion
1/2 c. celery
1/2 c. carrots
1 1/4 c. potatoes
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli and cauliflower
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb. Velveeta, cubed

Peel and cut up veggies for soup.  Add to water and cook until done.  Ad 10 oz. pkg frozen broccoli and cauliflower.  Let cook for a few minutes. Add soup and Velveeta. 

This is what I usually do when I make this recipe:  I make a double batch, I add a bag of California blend veggies and no other carrots, and I add meat of some type (cooked, cubed chicken; browned & drained hamburger; Polish keilbasa). 

Stay warm and dry everyone.  I don't even know where this week went, but I do know that I need to finish posting about the Ironman, the Covered Bridge Festival, and pumpkin carving.  I'm going to check out Colleen's blog to see what recipes are posted.  Wanna join me??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...