Monday, February 8, 2010

It's going to be a cold, cold night

And I'm not saying this because of the weather that is coming our way.  It's because our furnace went out this morning!  We received some referrals for heating & cooling repairmen and Carl started making calls this morning.  All I'm going to say is that it's going to be a few cold days and lots of money until we get a new furnace.  So we got out the space heaters, layered on the clothing, and did some baking to warm up the house - it really didn't feel too bad.  Now we'll have to wait and see how much snow we get the next few days. 

At least we had a good weekend.  In my on-going effort to clean out and simplify, I went through almost all of my cookbooks and have 2 drawers of clipped recipes still to go through.  Where does all of this stuff come from?  I seriously think it breeds and multiples like rabbits.   Speaking of recipes, my family really liked everything I made last week.  I even received an excellent from my 9 yo which translates to SUCCESS!! However, I didn't make the Crispy Buffalo Chicken and Slaw only because 1) I keep forgetting to buy buttermilk, and 2) Sunday didn't work out like we planned and there was no time to make dinner and now this recipe is going to be carried over to the week. 

Well, we watched the Super Bowl.  Do we really need to talk about that?  I have to say that the Saints did play a good game.  The Colts didn't.  Oh well, better luck next year. 

I finally finished the picture for the bathroom.  I wish I would have taken a picture before I started the redo, but all I have is the beginning of it - click here if you want to see it.  I couldn't get a really good picture of the color on the frame, so I'm also posting an upclose shot.




My mom sent pictures of all of the quilts that my sisters and I made her for her 70th birthday.  To read that post, click here.  The four of us made a different quilt square in a different pattern in different fabric for our mom. 


She also sent a picture of a challenge quilt that she did for her quilt group.  Kim (one of my sisters) and my mom went to the opening reception for her Quilt clubs "Silver Sensations" Challenge quilts this past weekend at the Leeper Rattner Museum at St. Pete Jr. College in Florida.


Well, that's all for now and it's time for bed.  Goodnight everyone.

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I had so much fun with Mom that night! I took pictures of all the quilts each member made and some were absolutely amazing!

Your picture turned out great! I've always liked it ;)

And I publicly refuse to take the credit for my quilt - I picked out the material (with help from Susan), but Susan did ALL the work!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you can make sour milk (a substitute for buttermilk) by using vinegar with regular milk? Check your cookbooks for the right amount. Also there is a buttermilk powder that I used to buy to have on hand for the few times I needed it or during the winter when it wasn't the best to be driving to town. Mom

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hope you get your furnace fixed soon! Love your picture!
Hugs,
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...