Thursday, February 4, 2010

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

We watched Lost last night and oh happy day, the new season has started!  It looks to be exciting, thrilling, and somewhat confusing (for Carl).  Carl said that he still has a headache from it - too many different layers for him.  But for me, I am counting down the days until next Tuesday.  I don't try to analyze it - just watch and enjoy.   

Carl made dinner tonight - thank you sweetie!  He always does a great job when he cooks.  We also did some yoga - have you ever seen Inhale on the Oxygen channel?  It's an hour long show but we only made it through 30 minutes.  It was tough plus we are a teeny, weeny, bit out of shape :) 

I wanted to share this picture with everyone.  A few nights ago I looked into the family room and this is what I saw - all three guys on their laptops :)  No wonder it was so quiet.....


Now for what I've been working on the past week.  Remember that window that I painted and really didn't like?  Well, I took Leslie's advice and hung it back up since I couldn't decide.  The plan now is to fix the spots with stain and brown/red paint, put a new coat of black on, sand and stain with a darker color than what I used earlier.  I think this should work out just fine. 


I am also working on an old picture from our bathroom and it just needs a little something.  It had a white frame that I painted black and then red.  I think I'm going to do the same thing and sand a little bit and then stain. 


The biggest painting project has been the bookcase that I bought at Goodwill.  It was a cherry color and I painted it black and then am going to seal it.  I don't know why I can't get a good picture of it, but it really doesn't look that streaky.  It turned out much better than I thought it would and I hope the boys like it because it's going upstairs in their hallway. 


I'm going to check out what everyone else has been working on over at Leslie's blog - if you have a few minutes, please check out what everyone else has been working on (love the quilt Leslie is making for her daughter!).  Other than watching the weather forecast, I really don't feel like I have much to say so I'm going to wish everyone warmth and safe travels.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...