Thursday, December 31, 2009

Watcha Working on Wednesday (Ok, it's really Thursday)

I've been finding some really great blogs lately that are filled with great stories, projects, recipes, etc.  Does that mean I've been spending too much time on the computer and not enough time with the family?  Probably, but don't ask my husband.  Here are some of my most recent finds:
  • Blessed with Grace.  Lisa has a wonderful Christian blog, a great testimony, and she likes Pioneer Woman.  You know that's a plus in my book! 
  • My Country Home.  Leslie does a segment called Watcha Working on Wednesday and I love reading about what other women are working on - I've learned a few things along the way and found some new things that I would like to try.  Leslie does stitchery and besides quilting, this is one of the things that I would like to do in 2010. 
  • I've also been checking out All Roads Lead Home.  Sarah has a beautiful home, likes Goodwill shopping (she must have a really good one to shop at), and she refinishes furniture or just about anything that she buys.  I've really been inspried by a few of her posts from November and want to try to refinish some furniture myself.
  • I just found A View of My Life today.  Sherrie likes to crochet and she has links to other blogs with something happening almost every day of the week. 
These ladies have made me really think about being crafty and creative again.  I feel inspired, motivated, and looking forward to 2010 after reading their blogs and some of my other favorites the past few weeks.  So, thank you ladies and I wish you a very happy new year!

Now to share with you my projects for Watcha Working on Wednesday.   I learned this from Sarah's blog on a post about cabinet makeovers.

My MIL gave me this cabinet and I love it.  It's been in so many rooms in our house and I recently pulled it out of the attic so I can refinish it.  It's a litttle worn on some areas and just needs some TLC. My plan is to paint it black, put a coat of barn red paint on it, sand it lightly, and then put a coat of stain on it. Here it is before and I'm hoping by next week I can post the finished project. 



I also have this sewing machine box that I think my mother gave me.  I've had it sitting in my family room for a while with greenery in it, but after looking at some new blogs, I saw a picture of one with old canning jars in it on a kitchen counter.  I think the jars had stuff in them too.  Oh how I wish I could remember where I saw that, but my brain's filing system can't find that record :)  I have the same plan for this item as the cabinet.  Good thing I have a few days off of work so I can start on these!



So folks, that is all I'm going to post now about projects.  I'm probably like so many others - too many projects, not enough time.  Just have to pick and choose what you want to or need to work on first. 

Please join me tomorrrow as I post the first installment of  Fit Friday.  Please let me state once again that I am not a fitness expert!  I just need to start treating my body better by what I put in it, on it, and do with it.  I'm trying to figure this out as I go and posting will keep me accountable.  So please have a safe, fun, and happy New Year everyone!

See you next year!  Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love that cabinet, it's going to be beautiful when it's done! And that sewing box, I've been looking for one of those for the longest time. Haven't found one yet, but I will. Thanks for giving my blog a mention and link. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a safe and happy new year!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Kathryn said...

Thanks for all the great blogs to visit!

LOVE anything that is barn red, so can't wait to see that completed.

I am working on my laundry room. Will post pics when we get it done. It is now going to be called "My Office". LOL.
Love ya!!
Kate

Love My Country Home said...

Sherrie - love your blog and all the links.

Kate - can't wait to see the office when it's finished :)

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hi, I'm Donna. I found the link to your blog from Leslie's Whatcha Working on Wednesday post so thought I would come over and check it out! I love your cabinet and can't wait to see pics of it when you get it finished. I've signed on to follow you. I'd love for you to check my blog out and follow me too! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Donna

Leslie said...

Oh, you shared my first attempts at stitching....lol I thought I would share those after some people were getting discouraged that they weren't doing it quite right. It was to show how you can improve with practice. And well, a lot of people probably will have better beginning results than I because they KNOW how to do it thanks to my little tutorial :)

It's nice to have you participating on Wednesdays :)

Leslie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...