Since I'm at a loss for what to post, here are 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me to help you know me better.
1. My favorite snack is anything chocolate - cookies, chips, ice cream, candy, etc...
2. I absolutely love being married!
3. I wish my family didn't live so far away. My mother and sister live in Florida, my brother lives NE of Indy, one sister lives in Chicago, my other sister and inlaws live about 2 hours away, and my SIL and her husband live in NC. Don't get me started on cousins, aunts, and uncles.
4. I love to bake and cook and have way to many cookbooks and printed recipes! The many recipe conversations with the girls I work with also with contribute to this growing collection. :)
5. I collect (old) recipe books...this goes with number 4. I'm not saying that I use all of them, but I love to look at all the different recipes and see how cooking and baking has changed over the years.
6. I love to go garage sale/estate sale/auction hunting!! And the best part about it is that Carl goes with me. My MIL says that she learned this from me, but I really learned it from her....it's all in the thrill of the hunt.
7. I used to be a nail technician. Loved doing that until it became a job :(
8. I would like to start playing the piano again. I took lessons in junior high and I only remember part of 1 song. A few years ago Carl and I bought an old upright for $10 at the Covered Bridge Festival and now I need to do more than just look at it.
9. I cry easily. Like when people win on The Price is Right.
10. I want to learn how to quilt (that's the reason for all the quilt blogs that I have listed) :)
11. I really want to be healthy and in better shape. The last two years have made me feel old! Maybe 2011 will be the year of "buff 'n tuff".
12. I love, love, love to ride my bike, and in 2011, I want to ride in the Hilly 100 in Bloomington.
13. My absolute favorite color is PINK.
14. I wish I was as creative and crafty as Martha Stewart.
15. If I'm going to have a drink, I like a gin and tonic with extra lime, a margarita, or a good glass of wine.
16. I'm the oldest child in my family (4 girls, 1 boy).
17. I love hostas and almost any other shade plant, and I used to sell them...for a short time.
18. Carl and I have named almost every vehicle we've owned. There's been the Green Hornet, Red Ruby, the Gray Ghost, Zippy, the Tahoe Express, Betsy, and Big Mo.
19. I have eaten brussel sprouts for breakfast. Craved them...and no, I wasn't pregnant.
20. I would like to start sewing again. I guess this goes along with #10.
21. I collect salt glazed pottery, brown and white crocks, and amber tiara sandwich glass.
22. I really like to use coupons when I shop. My goal is to consistently have them cut out and filed each week. Everyone should have a dream, right?
23. I have a soft spot for mistreated animals and the elderly. Would you rather have read "old people"?
24. My three favorite movies are Father of the Bride, You've Got Mail, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
25. I want to take baton twirling lessons. I know it's crazy.
Wow, this was much harder than I thought. What about you. What are some things that people don't know about you? Do you dare reveal them.....