Friday, September 17, 2010

XXL Chocolate Chip Cookies and Noodles

Look at these cookies.  Big, soft, chewy, delicious chocolate peanut butter chip cookies....pure heaven.


It all starts here in a muffin top pan.  I found the recipe through Kevin and Amanda on Picky Palate.  I know I had a pan like this before and I think I brought it to Goodwill (silly me), so off to ebay I went to buy a new one.   There are so many possibilities to what you can make in this pan!  Do you think that maybe 3 regular cookies equal one of these babies?  The calorie count is probably so high that I don't even want to know. :) 


This is how deep the pan is.

A 1/4 cup of cookie dough goes into each cup.

This is the yummy result.  I think it would be even better with ice cream.  What do you think?

XXL M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Picky Palate
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 extra large eggs
2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
3 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz bag chocolate chips
1 bag M&M’s (you’ll have some left over)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until well beaten.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.  Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.  Do not mix in M&M’s!!
2.  Scoop 1/4 Cup of dough and press into a muffin top pan (or just press onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet).  Now, press your M&M’s onto pressed cookies.  This way they won’t break apart!!  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges just start to turn golden brown.  Let cool for 10 minutes on muffin top pan or cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.  Grab a tall glass of milk and EAT until your hearts content :)
About 18 XXL cookies!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 On another food note, I made noodles last night.  Honestly, I don't ever remember having beef and noodles or chicken and noodles until Carl and I started dating (it's one of his mother's signature dishes).  Actually, I think everyone in the general area where we live eats beef/chicken and noodles.  I think I need to talk to my mother about this.  Why didn't we ever have this when I was growing up.  Or is it that I don't remember it?  


Back to the food...Janna shared Pioneer Woman's noodle recipe which is what I made, but I used 1 cup of white flour and 1 cup of wheat flour.  I let my roast cook in the crock pot all day while the noodles dried.  Later tonight I'll put the noodles in the boiling broth in the crockpot while I shred the beef.  I don't make noodles too often, but it just sounded good and hopefully it will taste just as good.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This weekend Carl is going to race and I'm going to try to get the rest of my yard work finished.  I think it's also time to get projects lined up for winter.  Whatever you're doing this weekend, I hope you enjoy it.  Before I sign off, I would like to leave you with a quote that I found on facebook:   Let your smile change the world, but dont let the world world change your smile♥

Until next time,
Pam



2 comments:

Nancy/Mom/Gram said...

This is your mother and to be honest Dad and I never heard of beef/chicken and noodles till we came to Florida. It was one of your Dad's favorite dishes and I never seemed to be able to fix it like he liked it at home. So off we would go to one of his fav home cooking restaurants. That was really because he hated to wait for dinner or supper and wanted it like now. It was fine with me because I didn't have to cook. Kim and I made homemade ice cream - mint chocolate chip - in my Cuisenart ice cream maker. Sorry there is none left and it was oh so good. Mom

Anonymous said...

One of my grandma's signature dishes was chicken and noodles. So I've had it growing up. We would eat ours with mashed potatoes, then stacked the chicken and noodles on top. So good! Then we would all take naps from the carb overload. HA!
~Janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...