Can I just say that I love my muffin top pan? I seriously think it is one of the best kitcheny things that I own. Carl was asking for muffin top cookies again so I went back to Picky Palate to see what recipes she has for the muffin top pan - this is what I decided on...with a couple of changes.
|With and without the M&Ms|
Recipe courtesy of Picky Palate
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
1/4 Cup burnt caramel sauce (you can use any caramel sauce here) *I used Nutella*
3 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
12 oz bag mini chocolate chips *I used peanut butter chocolate chips*
1 1/2 Cups chopped good quality chocolate *I used M&Ms*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla following the caramel sauce until well combined.
2. Place the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl; mix. Slowly add to wet ingredients then the chocolate chips. Save chunks for later.
3. Place 1/4 Cup of cookie dough and place into muffin top cups. Press down then sprinkle with a pinch or two of sea salt then press chocolate chunks over top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just golden around edges. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with milk!!
18 Large cookies
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Fall break is over and that means the Ironman is next on the calendar. Carl and Ryan will be racing this year and I will be there cheering them on and taking pictures (of course).
This weekend I did a little bit of fall cleaning inside and outside. Getting ready for winter and hoping that we get some snow to make up for the lack of rain this year.
Gearing up for basketball season. Ryan wants to play on two teams this year and Kyle will be trying out for the freshman team.
Has anyone else been thinking about their Thanksgiving menu yet? I've really been thinking about making something new and different this year. I've even been thinking about our Christmas gift list. The older the boys get, the harder it is to figure out what to buy.
I've stumpled upon some great craft blogs this weekend - Saw Dust and Paper Scraps and Pretty Handy Girl. Their projects are amazing!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you are like me, you've probably been thinking about pumpkin pie, the smell of bread baking in the oven, candles glowing at night, the smell of leaves burning, fall festivals, cornbread.....ok, I could go on and on but I'm sure you get my drift. I love this time of the year and will be sad when its gone. What are some of the things that you are thinking about? Possibly spring or summer? Whatever it is, I hope it puts a smile on your face.