Let me tell you about this cake. Our friend Mike told us about it and it sounded like something I had to make. Maybe it's because this cake sounds like a science experiment of sorts. It has marshmallows on the bottom and pie filling on the top, and when the cake is baking, the marshmallows rise to the top and the pie filling sinks to the bottom. Trust me - it's so good! If you don't like cherries, you can use any flavor pie filling you like.
By the way, I'm also having my first giveaway very soon. If you like scrapbooking, check back next week for more details!
Photo courtesy of Food.com
Cherry Marshmallow Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
1 1/3 cup water (or as called for by your cake mix)
4 cups mini marshmallows (about 3/4 of 10 1/2 oz. pkg)
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
4. Spread marshmallows in the bottom of the baking pan, pour cake mix over marshmallows, spoon pie filling evenly on top.
5. Bake 30 - 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
I hope you like this recipe! I'm linking up to House of Hepworths this week and Skip to My Lou Mady by you Mondays.